7.5.06

Link Dump 08/05/06

  • - RHCP angry at the world changing without their consent, I mean, their new album being leaked to the internet. Let's get real here, when Flea says: "Now for someone to take it and put it out there with this poor sound quality it is a painful pill for us to swallow" he really means "I fear independent opinions formed about our music without the manipulation we create through critics, flashy advertising tricks and other forms of mass media".
  • - I spend far too much time ranting about how much I hate Hollywood remakes of classic movies, but hey, guess what? The Japanese trailer for The Omen remake (warning: large download) looks quite watchable. The original doesn't rate very highly on my classic film radar - I mean, it's a good film, don't get me wrong - so part of me feels that we were due for a remake anyway.