14.9.06

Link Dump 14/09/06

  • - Wong Kar Wai's first English language film, My Blueberry nights is now in post-production. Stars Norah Jones, Jude Law, Tim Roth and Natalie Portman: "A young woman (Jones) takes a soul-searching journey across America to resolve her questions about love while encountering a series of offbeat characters along the way." 
  • - GoogleVideo: Douglas Adams' Hyperland. A very very old BBC produced internet fantasy one-off. Internet fantasy. I got bored 16 minutes through (those 16 minutes were quite amusing though), but then I'm not the greatest DA fan.
  • - BBCNews: Anger over schoolgirl fight video. You get the feeling that they're blaming YouTube for this video. If kid's want to fight, they'll fight. The only thing such vocal condemnation will do is make it even more of a popular sport.
  • - Luc Besson is leaving the building. His next movie is his last. I am not sure how I can face the future of films without Luc Besson to give me strange hyperviolent multicultural viewing. I hope this isn't another case of The Scientology.