24.7.07

Amazon interviews William Gibson

I didn't even realise Amazon had a blog, or that it would interview awesome writers! All a bit obvious really, when you think about it.

"I don't know if I'll be able to make up an imaginary future in the same way. In the '80s and '90s, as strange as it may seem to say this, we had such luxury of stability. Things weren't changing quite so quickly in the '80s and '90s. And when things are changing too quickly, as one of the characters in Pattern Recognition says, you don't have any place to stand from which to imagine a very elaborate future."

[Parts: 1, 2, 3]

I am so damn excited for Spook Country. This is the first Gibson book I've been able to wait for, and it's going to be great to have something new to demolish and rebuild and visualise in my head. Hell, I'm still doing that with the other books, and I feel like I've only just started. That's the thing I like about his books: he's dense. Rich. Informative. A lot like the internet on a good day.