9.8.07

Lights


lights, originally uploaded by knautia.

I've run out of oompf for getting out and using my camera recently - the reason for this? I am focusing on the new model I want to pick up at the end of the month! The Panasonic Lumix FZ8 is firmly within my sights, hopefully the one in black, not silver as shown in the link.

I know that I'm not ready to start investing in expensive excellent lenses at the moment (when I do, it will be the Nikon D40x) - it's hard enough carting my laptop across airports and oceans, so an extra bit of technology would weigh me down too much, both in weight and value - so the Panasonic came out as the best option. I've chosen it for the upgrade in features: the extended zoom (this shot needed it, as did plenty of others), the chance to start playing with RAW images, the image stabliser (my current Nikon Coolpix does not have this) and a whole bunch more all bundled into a smaller camera for ease and comfort.

Thanks to Flickr, it was also easy to look at the quality of images other people are creating, and it's predecessor is extremely popular within the community as well. Now I'm just shopping around for the best price, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get one for around £200. Here's hoping.